Are you a Qualified Electrician looking for a career not just a job?
About The Role
Are you thinking of a change of employment going into the new year? Perhaps a sea change working at a rapidly growing Coogee based Electrical company is just what the doctor ordered!
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrician to join our team located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs.
An ideal candidate would have minimum 3 years qualified experience, want to work in the residential maintenance field and have a zest for learning new skills and working in a collaborative team. Ideally we would be looking for someone looking to join our work ‘family’ who would like contribute and grow with the company for a while. Unfortunately this means that short term applicants are not ideal for this position.
Our 52 Year History
Back in the early 2000s, Tom (Managing Director) completed his apprenticeship with a high-end residential construction company called Panda Electrical. After the GFC hit in 2009 and construction jobs started to dry up, Tom took a job with a small but long-established electrical maintenance company called Bruce Scott & Co. This company was working in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, and was started back in 1972 by Bruce Scott.
In all that time Bruce came to know every trick in the book concerning residential and commercial electrical work. These skills were dutifully passed onto the Tom during his 7 years working there.
Bruce eventually decided it was time to hand over the reins to Tom, and under new management the company was renamed Sparky Nearby.
Bruce has stayed on in an advisory role and is still found solving electrical problems in Sydney’s East.
Since coming under Tom’s management, the company has grown to 5 members and now serves the whole of Sydney with the same commitment to customer service, technical knowledge, and great prices.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assisting with team management and apprentices.
- Organising, quoting and carrying out jobs with autonomy.
- Ensuring that jobs are profitable and hitting daily targets.
- Interacting with clients
- Maintaining a neat appearance of your work vehicle both inside and out.
- Reporting directly to the business owner.
Skills & requirements
- Must have valid Australian working rights
- Good people skills.
- A can-do attitude and the willingness to not just learn, but also share with the rest of the team.
- Neat personal presentation.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Electrical Licence held for a minimum of 3 years.
- WH&S Certificate
- Drivers Licence
Why join us?
- Above award wages and generous bonus plan.
- Company Vehicle.
- Company iPhone and iPad.
- Professional training and mentoring, with an emphasis on developing your trade and business skills.
- Regular team building and social events throughout the year.
- Most importantly, to be part of a team that love what they do!